Bookmark and Share
Forum functionality is most compatible with Internet Explorer 5+
UrbanFarmOnline
Rules-Read First    Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Home » Urban Community » Greening Your Neighborhood » Saving Water

Saving Water Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 8/2/2011 3:16:04 PM
What do you do to save water on your urban farm and around your home?
Post #39389
Posted 6/10/2011 1:40:42 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 6/29/2011 10:07:59 AM
I place 5-gallon buckets under the downspouts to collect the run off from the roof. I then use this water to water my garden. In a big rainstorm, a buckets fills in under a minute so I sometimes stand by to change out the buckets to save as much as possible. An additional benefit (besides having "free" water for my garden on days it doesn't rain) is that it reduces soil erosion under the downspout.

We try not to flush too often.

When running water through to get the hot water for doing dishes, I collect the water in a 1-gallon milk container. I then use this water to refill pet water bowls, and water indoor plants.
Post #39440
Posted 9/24/2011 7:51:21 PM

Last Login: 12/20/2011 5:38:01 PM
I have a 2 gallon bucket that I put in the shower to catch the water while it's warming up. I use this on my garden plants or put it in the toilet tank so I'm not using fresh water to flush with.
Post #39535
Posted 1/9/2012 9:46:10 PM

Last Login: 1/9/2012 9:34:58 PM
I want to do something to save the water but never get any idea how to do it, but now I got it and will definitely gonna try it!! Like the idea that you also use this water for toilet!!

eCommerce
Post #39578
Posted 4/2/2013 8:27:38 PM

Last Login: 4/2/2013 8:21:42 PM
I collect the water in a 1-gallon milk container.

Movies unlimited is the online store for buy dvd online collectors looking for hard to find DVDs!
Post #39737
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Admin, Community Moderator, UFeditor, Assistant Moderator

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 4:33am